Monday, March 9, 2009

Baseball Evaluation Day

On Saturday we had evaluations for Outward baseball at church. Caleb is pretty excited about playing, but the best part is that Daddy will be coaching! There were several different stations for the evaluations, and when we first started Caleb's evaluation Ernie was no where to be seen, which bothered Caleb. I told Caleb he was probably just helping out on the other field, and sure enough when we were sent over there for the batting station there was Daddy! It was pretty cool that of all the different positions in which the men were helping Ernie was the one helping the kids with batting. Of course it made the pictures of Caleb's first time batting that much better, but it was also sweet to see him coaching Caleb on how to bat. When Caleb's evaluation was done I let the boys play on the church playground for several more hours (yes, hours), while I had fun talking. Later I went down to watch Ernie coaching at the batting station. It was sweet seeing how he interacted with all the kids, and it made me realize just how much being a dad has changed him. I was really proud to see him there stepping out of his normal role in the career world into a new role, and I know Caleb is going to love having his Daddy coach his team!



No comments: