Monday, August 23, 2010

New pictures of Joshua

For whatever reason we haven't been able to get many pictures of Joshua, not even when we sent the care package through Ann at Red Thread. We did finally get one last week, and another family that recently traveled received a picture of him with his friends who are also being adopted through the Journey of Hope program. I can't help but notice Joshua is wearing the same clothes in both pictures, but the pictures were not taken on the same day. Also, his friend (the boy on the right side of the group photo) is wearing the same shorts and sandals as him. This was something we noticed with some of the pictures of Christina and her friends when she lived in the orphanage. It seems the orphanages often end up with many of the same clothes, and the kids just have to wear whatever is available. Can you imagine how much harder this makes things for the orphans who go to school with kids who have families? It will be so nice to finally give Joshua plenty of nice clothes to wear.

2 comments:

Keri said...

SO HAPPY you're on your way!!!! We leave next week for Siberia, so we'll be right above you!

MJ said...

I'm a new reader, just wanted to say I love your blog and it is inspiring to me. My mother does not support me in my wanting to adopt, and it breaks my heart. I love reading about people's experiences and will continue to read your stories :)