Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Prayer!

It may seem like a small thing, but last night for the first time ever Joshua said a prayer!  Praise the Lord!  It was just me with all 5 of the kids and Christina's boyfriend for dinner.  As always, the youngest 3 fought over who would say the prayer, so I let them each say a prayer.  Then I had Christina and Aaron (her boyfriend) each say a prayer also.  Then I asked Joshua to say one, and much to my great delight he agreed!!!!!  He bowed his hand and said, "Thank you for this food.  Amen."  It was short, but it was ever so sweet!  Many people who have adopted older kids understand the joy in hearing their first prayer, but for Joshua this is an especially amazing leap of progress because he almost never speaks!  Needless to say, we all cheered big for that short and oh so sweet prayer!

No comments: