Friday, February 5, 2010

Moving along

Today was a busy, crazy day! Among other things, I went to the doctor's office to pick up the new copies of our medical forms (I had them redone because the notary's commission had expired). When I picked them up, they were once again notarized with an expiration date of Feb 3, 2010. Thankfully, the notary actually had gotten her commission renewed, she had just used the wrong stamp. Thankfully also, I had given them 2 copies of the form in case they made mistakes, and they just happened to still have the other blank forms in our records. I just hope the two holes they had put at the top don't cause any problems when we get the certifications/authentication from our state, the US State Dept, and the Chinese embassy. I'll go back Monday to pick them up, and hopefully this time they will be done right!

Another important thing I did today was pick up our amended home study and mail it to the USCIS for our I-1800A approval. It has been 3 months now since I sent our original home study and application to them. I never dreamed it would take this long to get our approval, but as hard as it is to wait I know God's timing is perfect! Hopefully we will get the approval (for two kids!) early next week. Once we have that, we will have everything we need to be able to finalize our dossier!

We need everything from this point on to move through without delay. Actually, we need everything to move through with miraculous speed. The biggest concern is our son's 14th birthday in early September since his adoption must be completed before then, but I am really hoping we travel by June. School here starts the first week of August, and I would like him to be able to start school at the beginning of the school year after first having had at least a couple of weeks to get over jet lag and make some initial adjustments to his new life. It will be much harder for him if he starts school later, and as hard as it will be to transition to an entirely new life with a new family, new language, new culture, etc. I'd rather not turn school into a bigger problem than it may already be for him. So now that our agency has miraculously given us approval to adopt him our new prayer is for a miraculously quick process to get him home!

No comments: